Friday, March 30, 2012

How I Organize My Fridge


 This is how my fridge looks when it's totally stocked and organized. I love my fridge and wanted to show it off for the Organization Home Tour.

These are more detailed pictures of what's on my fridge shelves. I'm not the finest cook...yet, lol, so we depend on a weekly group of salads and juicing to down those nutrients. I've been loosing a little wait since I started.
 I love, love, love my red box! Anything I know I'll forget about if it sneaks to the back of the fridge goes in here. It's for those items I really need to use now if they're not going to be wasted. It also helps me keep my fridge cleaner if I just clean this out every week and do the rest as I need. It's not quite so big a task.
In the door, I keep my eggs and dressings and such. At the bottom, those 3 jars are for fast food sauces that are left over--ketchup packets, soy sauce, hot mustard, etc. The two little cups aren't usually there. They were left over fruit from Abby and Abram's breakfast.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my Fridge!!

Would you like to link up your own decluttering/organizing/or making space projects here on my blog? Go here for my first link up party! Then join me every Monday for more.

http://debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com

Linking up to Organization Home Tour!

A Bowl Full of Lemons

Also, linked up at these fabulous blogs:
House of Hepworths

Someone was asking me where I got my salad bowls. I got mine from Target a few years back. The closest I could find to mine are below through Amazon. I can't see how big they are though. Mine are 8.1 quart and 4.6 quart.



Please join me for my new series: How I Decorate Without Debt!!

9 comments:

  1. Love the fridge! I really need to take some time to organize mine better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love my fridge...but it's really quite a mess right now. I need to redo it and go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these ideas, especially the red boxes! I am always finding things that have been forgotten at the back of the fridge!! going to do this in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah!! That makes me smile that someone is going to use an idea I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding Tabitha?! We love your fridge! Where did you get those great salad and fruit containers if you can remember? When my fridge grows up it wants to be your fridge.

      Thank you for sharing this and all of your very helpful ideas. :-)

      Delete
    2. PaperKat--LOL! You're so funny! These kinds of ideas just pop into my head. I just wish it was as easy for me to maintain as it was to think of it. I'm really a very messy person actually. The salad bowl and fruit container are from Target. Maybe I'll add those to my new aStore if I can find them available on there. Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed the fridge post for other reasons, such as keeping it organized cuts down on the time it needs to be open which in turn cuts down on the electric bill. One question. How do you keep it organized when there are many other hands, (kids) who are not so compulsive about putting things in their prescribed location, especially if that location is more difficult to access, and or is out of sight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I don't. Murphy's law has a strong hold on my house, and I have to take the time to put everything back in order every few months. Second, the kids tend to learn where their favorites are located and dig in those spots more frequently. If you look back at the picture, for example, take juicing supplies. This section is avoided like the plague. A simple straightening when I grocery shop is enough. But where the juice and milk are stored needs regular attention. However, when (and I did say "when") I keep it in order myself, they just tend to follow suit with where it belongs. If they always find the milk on a certain door shelf, their eyes and hands will learn to look for it there, and that follows with learning to put it there. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! -Tabitha

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog and omg I love your idea on how to organize your fridge!!!! this is brilliant!!!!! thank you so much!I cant wait to start following your blog!!!!I'm a fan already!!!! Elena

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...