Friday, April 13, 2012

Strawberry Picking

We love finding ways that the family can enjoy time together learning or just enjoying life. We found this strawberry picking place/farmer's market a few years back and have loved going ever since. I just love that the kids can learn about how food grows, taste it while it's fresh from a place that uses no chemicals, and spend time together working.

We didn't really think of it like this, but it's also a cheaper way to get strawberries and a really inexpensive field trip. They just charge per pound for you to pick them--no entry fees of anything like that. They also have a park where you can sit and picnic while the kids swing and play. It was tons of fun and for only $13 plus gas we brought home two bucket-fulls of strawberries.

Froberg's Farm in Alvin (or near Alvin?):

4 comments:

  1. We love strawberry picking too! We also went yesterday! Such a nice day for it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of our favorite family traditions. I just love things that get us out in nature.

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to go strawberry picking FOREVER. Jealous. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to find lots of stuff like this--farms that let families pick and do work. This is all I've found so far but I haven't searched real hard.

      Delete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...