Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tiny Decorating Feats on Tuesdays

I love my antique canisters, but as useful as they are they were also creating a small problem. Each day after wiping down the counters they would begin making a rust ring. I found this tray for $3.50 at Goodwill and put it to use protecting my counters.


These canisters were a Christmas gift from my mom. We have a battle going on with unwanted little pests and I chose useful ways to store and protect my food that were also pretty. The one that says 'flour' holds bread, the one that says 'sugar' holds my breakfast bagels, and the other two hold opened graham crackers and cookies.

I use these almost daily so they hold a prominent place in my kitchen next to the fridge...which hint hint...MAY just be changing pretty soon!!

Check out my linky party here! I love visiting each and every one.

I am linking up at these wonderful blogs:
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Between Naps On The Porch
DIY Home Sweet Home
Organize and Decorated Everything
You're Talking Too Much
Cowgirl Up!
Coastal Charm
A Stroll Thru Life
Tidy Mom





8 comments:

  1. I love the tray! Another idea would be to spray the cans with clear spray paint or paint with clear nail polish too to prevent the tray from getting rusty.

    Angela
    Www.angela-thesimplethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an AWESOME idea!! I didn't even know they sold that, lol. Do you have a post about that you'd like to link up on Making Space Mondays?

      Delete
  2. I love your canisters and using the tray is a great idea. Love that tray!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could hardly believe that I found it that day. It was exactly my style.

      Delete
  3. Love your canisters and what a great idea to use them for bread, bagels and such. Love the tray too. Super idea. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's so nice of you to stop by Marty!! I adore your blog. Your home is such an inspiration. I hope my home stays as wonderful as yours is.

      Delete
  4. Your tray is useful and if you want, you can fancy it up for holidays, or a birthday or anniversary too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this tray! I also love how many different things I could potentially do with it. I won't hardly buy decor unless it is versitile. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...