Sunday, July 29, 2012

Making Space Mondays, Link Party #9


My sister and her son are HERE--yay! The guest bedroom was such a dungeon before and I really wanted to clean it out and make it feel welcoming for her. She'll be buying a bookstore near us and is staying here until all the paper work is finished and the little apartment attached is cleaned out.

The challenge was in keeping myself from spending any money at all since we'll be moving soon and I'm not making in purchases for the house until we get there. I pulled things from different rooms and mainly just cleared the room of all the mounds of clutter. Judging by that room people could've guessed we had lived here forever!

Here are the results. It could've been a lot better if we could've painted first, but the whole back of the house is going to be done soon so it would've been wasted effort.





Like it? So what have y'all been working on? I would love to see your guest bedrooms along with any other spaces you've been working on.

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! We've been working on our guest bedroom too. Sorry I don't have anything to link up - my latest posts have all been about life, no great recipes or tutorials. I do have a recipe to write up later this week, so I might add it then or wait until next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! I don't mind at all. All though, I started reading from the very beginning of your blog a few weeks ago, and I think you've got several things to be proud of. Don't worry about it though. Next week will always be there. Thanks for stopping by so often! It's nice to have a few bloggy buddies. -Tabitha

      Delete
  2. that looks good tabitha :) looks clean and neat!

    huggies ***
    smart momma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just hoping to pull a few peices from around the house to make it comfortable. It's too bad we're not going to have a guest bedroom in the new house. I have so many thoughts on what I could do if I had time and a little money. But...I get a small library in the new home and I can't wait to decorated that! -Tabitha

      Delete
  3. Tabitha, thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I'm your newest follower, and now linking up! I hope you'll follow me back :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will! Thank you so much for following. I'm off to check it out now. I love thrifting and always gawk at the amazing things some people can do with "junk". Maybe I'll learn to do some of that too. I'm going to be on a really tight budget after the move. -Tabitha

      Delete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...