Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunshine Award!

I just got a double whammy award! Two of my dear blog friends both gave me the Sunshine Award, so I guess it's time to stop and smell the rose...er, Daisy? Sunflower?...beautiful flower. I just LOVE that I get to put this flower on my blog! Thank you Hilda and Teresa!






The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I am honored, truly honored to be considered an inspiration.  Thank you very much for this award!

So here's how the award works:

First, you should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Next, answer the following questions about yourself. Then, choose 10 of your favourite bloggers and link their blogs to your post. Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award. Last, be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog!

Here are my answers to the questions:

1. Favourite colour - Blue. No...brown. No wait, I really love grey...but only in decorating. Sigh. I can't decide.

2. Favourite animal - Fish...truly. I LOVED my fish. It lived about 7 years and would do little tricks for us. When he was hungry, he would splash the top of the water when we walked by. And when Josh would walk by...only Josh mind you...he would swim as fast as he could back and forth across the tank. SUCH a neat fish, and I really miss him!! I'm tearing up...over a fish, lol.

3. Favourite number - pie. Okay, I know that's a total cop-out, but I'm kinda undecided on that one, too.

4. Favourite drink - Starbuck's Verona with heavy whipping cream as the creamer and Agave nectar as the sweetner. It HAS to be Starbucks (because my dad works there and I'm loyal like that), but I like trying new kinds.

5. Facebook or Twitter -Facebook is totally evil (and a little addicting) and Twitter is boring. So...neither. But I'll let you know on Facebook should I change my mind.

6. Good book or good movie - For entertainment, a good movie. I love to veg. But I like to write, so that's really not the answer I'm "supposed" to give. I have one completed novel, and about 3 or 4 other half-books that I gave up on. AND, I totally love to leave my spelling and grammar bad just to get on people's nerves--hee hee.

7. My passion - writing! Truly...I have an entire shelf full of what I've written or books about writing. I've been published, but I won't spoil it by telling you what in because it's totally non-impressive. Although, I did win a poetry reward once--no, not in school. I've gone to writing conventions, submitted material, won a contest once, and changed genres about a bazillion times. Then, I gave it all up because I was getting mad at the kids for interrupting me when I was absorbed in my own fiction world. Just...not okay. Just another random tidbit--the fastest I've ever written a book was for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writers Month) and made it to 35000 words in 1 week's time. I won a signed novel that wasn't even published yet--and only got to chapter 3. Shameful, I know.

8. Giving or getting gifts - Getting gifts! Seriously. I LOVE getting gifts. It excites me and builds me up. I love giving gifts too, especially to my children, but there's just something tingly when your daughter hands you a homemade gift.

9. Favourite day - June 10, 2000--when I knew I had snatched him for good!

10. Favourite flower - probably either a Daisy or a Rose, and there's one that looks like a white bell, but I don't know it's name.

So there are some things you probably didn't know about me. These awards are a neat way to share things about ourselves that wouldn't necessarily come up in our posts or "about me" pages.

Here are the 10 blogs that I would like to give the Sunshine Award to (in no particular order):

(I realize that some of these are extremely busy bloggers that might not have the time to take out and complete this...but they deserve the recognition anyway. A couple of these ladies inspire me in real life, too!! Feel free to do or not do this, but know that you inspire me all the same ladies.)

1. It's Overflowing
4. ddzine

I find inspiring things on each of these blogs! Please check out their wonderful blogs and see all the great things they have shared.

Congrats to all of you. You deserve it!

Thanks again to Hilda and Teresa for awarding me the Sunshine Award! Y'all are just great.

Happy Blogging!

Tabitha

11 comments:

  1. Tabitha,
    First of all, congratulations on your award! And big thanks for passing it along to me and the others on your list! It is always fun to be introduced to new-to-me bloggers!!
    Happy blogging!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Your rooms are just to die for. When I have a moment and need inspiration, your blog is one of my go to places.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh congratulations on your award and thank you so much for gifting it on to me as well! How very sweet and kind of you! My daughter loves to write, I truly think that the gift of writing is such a wonderful thing! I don't have that at all... but God has used my blog to encourage me anyway...I love art, photos, crafting, baking, doing home projects... so I kind of need to add words as I go! Have a wonderful weekend!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you write really well, Dee Dee! You have a great little Niche and do really well at it. I especially love reading about your outdoor post. I am such a black thumb, lol, but your blog inspires me to hope that it will turn just a bit greener.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your DOUBLE AWARD! That's AWESOME! And a tight squeeze to you for passing on such a fun award to me!!! I'm with you on blue...and gray...although gray extends into a lot of my wardrobe, too! :) As for sweet fish...mine has been alive and kicking for almost five years now...I'm so happy to hear yours lived for seven years...Glad to know we may have a couple more years with Bubbles! And in regards to writing...I love writing, too...but I've never challenged myself in such amazing ways! I'm impressed and totally intrigued!!! Thanks so much for your sweet note! I'm your newest follower! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! Thank you, Aimee! I feel honored that you would follow my little blog. I hope your fish has a good long life like mine did. I always look forward to your new decorating posts--you have amazing taste.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your awards, and I love the new look you gave the blog. Thank you so much for passing on the award to me. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the new look. I'm hoping to change out the photo for each major update of the house, but I don't know if it'll really happen with moving and all.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for including me in your awards list. I'm so honored that anyone reads my little blog. I can't wait to check out the other blogs you recognized as well. I always love to find a new good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! You've got a very cute blog and I hope you'll link up some of your home stuff to Making Space Mondays every week so that people can find you. -Tabitha

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your award Tabitha! Thank you so much for passing it along to me. I'm truly honored. And thank you for including me with all these awesome blogs. Thanks for sharing some fun info about yourself. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They inspire me to keep writing and I read every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...